Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Under the Influence - Devotion for 8/21/07

Under the Influence – Devotion for 8/21/07

Who influences you? Friends? Your boss? Your family? We all have people who have influenced us and helped us become who we are – for good or bad. If you are around people who talk differently than you, before long you will realize that you have begun to talk a little bit more like them. If your friends or co-workers say certain things, before long you will realize that you are saying some of the same things. It is easy for us to fall under the influence of the people who surround us without us evening trying. So consider what Mother Teresa had to say:

“Put yourself completely under the influence of Jesus, so that he may think his thoughts in your mind, do his work through your hands, for you will be all-powerful with him to strengthen you.” – From A Gift for God by Mother Tersea

And consider what David had to say:

For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God? The God who girds me with strength and makes my way blameless? He makes my feet like hinds’ feet, and sets me upon high places. He trains my hands for battle, sot that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.” – 2 Samuel 22:32-35 & Psalm 18:31-34 (same passage found in both places)

When we place ourselves under the influence of God our Savior, then we begin to talk, walk, and even act like Him. Put yourself under His influence today.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a minister in North Carolina.